When installing BES Express, I found that myself and a lot of others trying to install on SBS2003 we encountering a lot of problems with the Database Connection section. Kept seeing the following error in the installation log :
After trying many various methods, I came accross the following :
ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB: COM Error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error - Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" - Description "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found." - Command "ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB"
- Go to Start > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration.
- Select the Microsoft SQL server instance that houses the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- Right click on Named Pipes and select Enable.
- Right click on TCP/IP and select Enable.
- If you enabled a protocol in step c, restart the Microsoft SQL Services.
Worked a treat…