Linux Plesk

MySQL Database issues – Plesk CP and websites

Tonight I found that our Plesk server had got itself into a state where Domains could not be Activated/Suspended, and websites with Databases were not loading correctly (eg WordPress sites etc), errors were as follows :

Website Logs:

WordPress database error Got error 28 from storage engine for query…

Plesk Control Panel Error:

Unable to activate/deactivate domain: Domain Mgmt backend failed: domainmng: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ftpmng execution failed:

Looking at the file system (see below), the TMP directory was full so MySQL will have been unable to create any temp tables etc.

df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/md1         9.2G  354M  8.4G   4% /
/dev/md5         9.4G  1.7G  7.7G  18% /usr
/dev/md6         213G   15G  199G   7% /var
none             990M  988M  1.8M 100% /tmp
tmpfs            990M     0  990M   0% /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-local
tmpfs            990M     0  990M   0% /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue
tmpfs            990M     0  990M   0% /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-remote
tmpfs            990M  5.1M  985M   1% /usr/local/psa/handlers/info
tmpfs            990M     0  990M   0% /usr/local/psa/handlers/spool

In my case, TMP was running at 100% and was filled by file : “repo_transport_tmp_HcQKVt” The temp file was a server backup file which was being downloaded to the local repository. After removing the file, ran the following command to restart MySQL

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld restart
Backup Windows

Attix5 and Backup Exec conflicts

We have encountered some issues with clients who already use Symantec Backup Exec and are adding additional off-site backups using Attix5. The problem is caused by both Attix5 and Symante BE using the same listening port (Port 10000) to talk to the backup agents. It seems that the Attix5 dominates the battle, and Backup Exec will then fail with the error :

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b – The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

??To get around this error, you can change the Attix5 listening port by following these instructions :

  1. Stop the ‘Attix5 Professional’ service within ‘Control Panel’ – ‘Administrative Tools’ – ‘Services’.
  2. Right click the Attix5 icon in the system tray and select ‘Exit’.
  3. Close any instances of Attix5 that are running.
  4. Browse to the Attix5 installation directory (by default C:\Program Files\Attix5 Professional\) through Windows Explorer.
  5. Make a backup copy of the ‘’ file and store it somewhere safe.
  6. Open the original copy of the ‘’ file and add the following entry at the bottom of the file, ensuring that there are no trailing spaces or carriage returns:-

    Close the file and save the change.

  7. Start the ‘ Attix5 Professional’ service and open Attix5 Professional.
  8. To confirm that the change has worked, execute the following command from a command prompt:-
    netstat -anb | more
  9. You should see an entry similar to the following:-
    TCP � � � ��� � � �� LISTENING � � � 160
  10. If the port shows as ‘10001’, the change has been successful.
HowTo Guides Windows

Converting Outlook 2003/2007 nk2 file to Outlook 2010

Today I had an old Windows 2000 client PC  with Outlook 2003, which was being replaced by Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. Out of courtesy (and for an easy life!) I try to make the migration as seamless as possible, which includes taking along recently typed email addresses within Outlook.

Normally this is simply a case of copying the Outlook.nk2 file which is stored within C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ accross to the new PC – however, this doesn’t work with Outlook 2010. The Outlook 2010 NK2 file is actually a DAT file and is located, on the above operating systems, at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache\Stream_Autocomplete_y_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dat (y = file index, x = random 16-byte key in hex form).

I found the following article cleared this up, and provide a simply “FixItForMe” tool, which providing that you put the old NK2 file in the normal location C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook – the tool will take care of the conversion for you! Easy…

Direct Link to FitIt tool :